Grab the tequila, we are making venison fajitas for dinner tonight.
Is there anything more satisfying than finding new recipes for your venison? This is a go to favorite of mine and very simple to make. If you are a fajita fan there is no doubt you will love this recipe!
1 package small tortillas
1.5 lbs. venison backstrap or steak
2 bell pepper
1 large onion
1 package shredded cheddar cheese
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup onion (minced)
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 clove garlic (minced)
½ ripe tomato (chopped)
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Pat venison dry with paper towel and rub both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat skillet to medium-high, melt 2 tbsp. butter.
3. Place venison in skillet once hot, cook to medium rare, then finish with hot sear on both sides.
4. Let stand for 15 minutes, then slice into strips.
5. Slice bell peppers and chop onion.
6. Heat skillet to medium, melt 1 tbsp. butter.
7. Cook peppers and onion until browned, stirring occasionally.
8. Wrap tortillas in foil, place in oven heated to 350° for 5-10 minutes
1. Slice avocados, add to a bowl and mash.
2. In separate bowl, combine garlic, tomato, and onion.
3. Combine garlic, tomato, and onion with mashed avocado and mix.
4. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper, then mix.
TIME TO EAT!
To serve, spread guacamole on tortilla, add venison, peppers and onions down center strip of tortilla. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, fold over sides of tortilla so overlapping.